Pondicherry

Pondicherry
Auroville

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Beetle Drive

Slept well last night, but it took a bit of time to get off to sleep, for a number of reasons. One is simply because all this is going so well. It has taken a tremendous amount of organisation, and India being what it is, a mixture of over-organised and " tomorrow will do" there continue to be many things which hang in the air until we nearly reach them, but it all happens in the end. The group continues to gel well together, and there is so much to learn, and so many good people around to help  us in the process.

So what else prevented me falling to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow? A strange clicking noise behind the wardrobe. Do you remember from your childhood those strange things called "jumping beans"? When I shone the torch along the back of  the wardrobe, I saw what little dust there was  leaping about intermittently and as it was doing it, making a clicking  noise on landing. It was a beetle of average length (not the size of the one that dropped out of the air-conditioning at Karigiri. Fortunately there was just the implement I needed in the bathroom to deal with it, and I was able to persuade the "jumping bean" out of the door, dust and all. As I performed this act of charity in my night attire, it was a jolly good job everyone else was asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment